Full width home advertisement

Travel the world

Climb the mountains

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

        Are you watching days go by gettin' frustrated because you aren't motivated to do anything? Motivation comes and goes and sometimes you can't seem to find it for weeks. I've found certain methods that help my motivation stay around form good, by cultivating healthy habits that keep me optimistic and inspired when I wake up every day. I've narrowed this list down to five ways to be more productive every day. Start to incorporate these practice into your productive daily routine and you'll start to notice a difference in no time!


Write To-Do  Lists

I start out every day with a to-do list. I write down everything I need to do, whether it's work-related projects, errands, or appointments to make. By doing this, I can start thinking about the order in which I want to get things done. By doing this small step, you're already making a plan in you brain that encourages you to be more productive. Studies have even shown that people who regularly create to-do lists actually procrastinate less.

I personally use a planning pad that has everything I could possibly need to keep my day organized! I bought it off Amazon (click here to check it out!) and it has multiple categories to keep you on track. It includes a "Must Get Done Today" list, a "To-Do" List, a section for appointments, a notes section, and even a diet and water tracker. Every morning I fill it out and I've noticed a huge jump in my productivity with all my tasks laid out in front of me like this. Creating a to-do list helps you visualize everything you need to get done instead of having things just floating around in your brain. If you only take one thing away from this blog post, it's to start creating to-do list.


E x e r c i s e

One of the best ways I've stayed regularly motivated is by getting my blood flowing. It doesn't have to be strenuous, it could be something as simple as a twenty minutes morning walk. I personally love to walk in the morning or around my lunch break and listen to a podcast, If I ever feel like I am getting burned out, I just get up and walk. Even just fifteen minutes can help me reset and feel much more energized. If you live somewhere sunny, the sunshine also has vitamins that will really help perk you up.

Since I work from home, I also love talking an afternoon workout break. If I'm feeling really great, I'll power through a HIIT workout. After sweating it out, I feel super great and motivated to work hard. Plus, it helps work through any stress you may be feeling. Even just fifteen minutes of HIIT can seriously change your mood!


Take Breaks

People often think that being productive means you have to be working all of the time. That's not true and it's actually more detrimental in the long run. Once you burnout, it's incredibly hard to recharge and restart. It's best to avoid that by being mindful of taking breaks along the way.

Ask you work, make sure to set aside time to do something you enjoy. For Example, I work for 30 to 45 minutes and then take 15 minutes to step away from my desk and read. I recommend stepping away from your workspace and doing something totally unrelated to your work. Read, go for a walk, bake something, do whether you need to completely disconnect from work. I personally like to have a list of possible break activities I could do and switch them up each time I take a break.

---  READ THIS PRECIOUS NOTICE!! ---

No one gets an award for working non-stop. Don't feel pressured to work without any breaks. Taking breaks will help you avoid burnout and maintain productivity in the long run.


Be Mindful

Another technique I've enjoyed incorporating into my routine is mindfulness. Even if you think you don't have time for meditation, journaling, or praying, you do. Sometimes all I do is spend five minutes right after I wake up to lie in bed and listen to a meditation. It can be something as simple as this and it helps me start my day really motivated.

Being more mindful of your thoughts, feelings, and habits help you cultivate better more constructive habits. During these mindful moments, you'll be better in tune with your body and know when it's time to rest or act on your productivity. Be patient with yourself and don't get frustrated when you just aren't feeling productive. Instead, enjoy some yoga, meditation, or journaling and work through whatever you may be feeling.


Recognize Your Achievements

Finally, make sure to recognize your achievements. At the end of each day, I like writing down 3 accomplishments to acknowledge everything I worked on that day. These can be things like finishing a big project, having an awesome workout, finally doing something I've been procrastinating, or doing something nice for someone else.

We're always so busy planning and trying to be productive that we rarely celebrate what we actually got done! Be proud of your achievements, big and small. You'll start realizing that you're accomplishing a lot more than you think every day.

Everyone has different methods of being productive. I love that feeling of being accomplished and getting bunches of stuff done, but you don't need to be at peak productivity every day. Find a system that works best for you and incorporate long-term activities into your daily routine that will help you enjoyed this list of ways to be more productive every day! Make sure to check out my past blog posts as well!

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]